Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tim Tebow? Really?

Thanks for reading my first blog post! I know this is a bit belated, but since I just started the blog this is what I wanna talk about. The title sums up my opinion. What was the thinking in this? Most mocks didn't even have Tebow going until the late 2nd round at best. And Josh McDaniels decided to draft him with the 25th pick overall. Keep in mind, this is the same man who traded away the Broncos two best offensive players in Cutler and Marshall. This is the same man who traded away a first round pick for a nickelback in Alphonso Smith, who had little to no impact on the team. Sure he turned Matt Cassel into a superstar, and has worked with Tom Brady, and made Kyle Orton quiet a serviceable QB. But those guys didn't change their mechanics within months of the start of the season. I'm not sure how Tim Tebow will translate because of that fact alone. When you do something one way for your entire life, that's what you are accustomed to, that how you do it. Tebow now has to play his position in an entirely different way at the highest level of play. How is that gunna go over? To me, I think he will struggle mightily and probably never pan out, but I sure hope he is able to prove me wrong.

So what does drafting Tebow mean. Well, it means Kyle Orton is gone after the season. It means that Brady Quinn trade was pointless. You don't take a guy in the first round and not play him, that is just stupid. Tim Tebow will have to play quaterback eventually. That's the trouble with this pick, there is no leeway, Tebow has to play. Even if Orton plays out of his mind this season, the Broncos will not resign him. They can't afford to, not with a first round pick on the bench behind him. Josh McDaniels has no choice but to play Tim Tebow. He will live or die by this decision.

On an interview on 104.3 the Fan with McDaniels, he talked about how the Broncos gave up no picks to draft Tebow but rather used the picks they got trading down to acquire the 25th pick. That's fine and dandy, but I know that I would much rather have all those picks and turn them into impact players at a position of need rather than waste them on a project at a position that doesn't really need attention.

Well that's my take on Tim Tebow now being a Denver Bronco. I sure hope that I am wrong with Tebow and he makes me eat crow. I guess we will just have to wait and see what becomes of Timmy T.

No comments:

Post a Comment